Mold growth inside houses is known to cause significant health problems and damage to the property. Hence, it is important to spot the places of mold growth. There are some signs to keep in mind if you are looking for the presence of mold growth.
You should look for water leaks, dampness on the walls, condensation on the inside of the windows, etc. But the best way forward is to opt for the services of a mold inspection and remediation company.
Professional mold remediation companies offer the best solutions to curb mold growth and make your home mold-free.
Mold in your home is a serious problem that can cause unimaginable health hazards. Any issues of a water leak and excess moisture inside your home can cause mold to spread quickly. In such cases, the best way forward is to opt for the services of a professional mold remediation company.
But what exactly does a mold remediation company do? And what are the signs to notice that your home needs a mold inspection? It is time to find out the answers to all your questions.
Do You Need a Mold Inspection?
The answer to this question needs a little clarification. Most of the mold remediation companies don’t tell you about this. If you consult a mediocre company that is not honest with their customers, you will be lured into spending money for mold inspection first and then remediation.
But the truth is that if the mold growth is visible, there is no need for mold inspection at all. The need arises when you have moisture on your walls or a musty smell inside your house but no visible sighting of mold. This is when you need to contact a professional mold testing company at the earliest.
10 Situations That Warrant You May Need a Mold Inspection
Listed below are the 10 situations that warrant the need for mold inspection at your house.
- Mold growth inside your house: Mold needs moisture to grow and is almost everywhere in our environment. But they are never a welcome sight inside our homes. It is important to determine the type of mold present inside your house as it can cause serious health concerns.
- Buying a new house: Buying a new house is a huge investment and you don’t want to find out that the house comes with a mold problem. It is a wise decision to have a mold inspection before you finalize the deal and move into your new home.
- The presence of musty smell: The odor of mold catches your attention before you can see them. If you smell a pungent musty odor inside your house that grows stronger when the doors and windows are closed, then it is a sign that mold is present in your house.
- A water leak situation: The presence of moisture acts as the perfect catalyst for mold growth. A water leak situation can trigger the cycle of mold growth. It is important to make sure that the water leak problem is fixed and having professional mold testing immediately can help you curb the growth of mold.
- The allergies worsen when you are inside: This is one of the biggest indicators of mold presence. Sometimes, mold is present inside your home but you cannot see or smell them. But if your allergies or asthma are getting worse when you are inside, then it is advised to have a mold testing and inspection at the earliest.
- Dampness inside or outside your house: If you see any signs of dampness inside or outside your house, then there is a possibility that mold already exists. In such scenarios, getting a home mold inspection is the ideal approach.
- Condensation on the inside of the windows: Condensation on the inside of the windows happens when there is a lot of moisture inside your house. This can cause the mold to grow at a highly significant place.
- Health issues with pets: The health of your pets is a good indicator of the air quality inside your house. The health of some animals can be affected, sooner and much more than that of people. In such cases, mold remediation is necessary.
- Mold growing on the furniture or inside your closet: Inside of the closet and backside of the furniture are well known for having mold problems. Due to little ventilation and moisture in both these spots, mold growth can be severe and cause significant damage.
- Puddles of water: Although we think of the outer walls as a barrier, this is not entirely true. When the water puddles are formed by rain or sprinklers, the water is soaked by outer walls. This can cause serious damage to the walls and cause mold to grow.
What Mold Remediation Companies Do?
The role of mold remediation companies is very crucial when it comes to solving problems related to mold. A professional mold remediation company conducts mold inspection if mold is not visible.
If there is visible mold growth, they proceed with mold removal and remediation.
They will make sure to identify all the spots of a water leak and begin the procedure of drying the area and clean up the mold.
Inside or outside of the house, the problem of mold growth is always bothersome. Mold can cause significant damage to your home and can cause allergies and numerous respiratory problems. That’s why it is necessary to kill it immediately.
We at Kings Restoration offer the best mold remediation in Dallas. Our professional staff consists of mold inspectors who identify the growth of indoor mold and carry out the best mold removal procedure to make your house mold-free again.
With decades of experience under our belt, we ensure that your home remains inhabitable for you, not for mold. Contact us at the earliest for mold removal Dallas.