It takes us years of hard work and efforts to save and invest money for our dream house. But that is not the case with mold. They can take over your house and in the blink of an eye, you will be facing mold damage problems.
People often ask, can mold cause structural damage? Well, the answer to that question is yes. If you don’t take care of the mold problem at your place, then it is inevitable before mold causes serious damage to your home.
Let us understand what mold is and why mold removal and remediation services can help you get rid of all your mold problems.
What is Mold?
Mold belongs to the category Fungi and their main job is the decomposition of plants and animals into useful components. But when these mold form colonies inside your home, things take a drastic turn. Mold spreads by releasing spores into the air and reproduces at a frantic pace.
They are responsible for numerous health-related problems and cause your precious belongings to get infested and decay eventually. The real cause of the growth of mold colonies is hidden water leaks. Hence, opting for professional help is the best way to make sure that mold remediation is done properly.
What kind of damage can mold cause?
The presence of mold can have devastating effects. The dispersion of mold spores deteriorates the air quality inside your house significantly. Unpleasant odor and stains on the wall are other side effects. Initial mold growth won’t cause structural damage but it is not far that it turns into decay fungi.
If the condition is suitable for mold growth, there is a possibility that decay fungi can find their breeding ground too. Mold damage is something that you cannot overlook and hence, mold remediation becomes important.
Is mold a serious problem in a house?
Mold can cause some serious problems. If you have pets, children, or anyone at home who suffers from respiratory problems, mold can have a bad effect on your health. Not only yours, but it can have a severe effect on the structural integrity of your home too. Hence, it is best to go for remediation before mold structure consolidates itself in your home.
What is the process for mold remediation?
Mold remediation is an important part to control mold damage. Let’s have a look at the process of mold remediation.
- Inspection and Damage Assessment: When you opt for mold inspection in Dallas, inspection professionals will inspect your home for visible signs of mold. Various technologies are used to detect mold and hidden water sources.
- Mold Containment: The remediation company uses various containment procedures to prevent a mold outbreak. Fans and all heating systems must be turned off to prevent mold spread during the process.
- Air Filtration: Post containment, air filtration equipment is used to stop the spread of microscopic mold spores in the air.
- Removal of Mold and Mold-Infested Materials: The duration of the remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the materials that are infested by it. Antifungal and antimicrobial treatments are used to eliminate mold colonies. All the mold-infested materials are removed from the house to prevent any further mold growth.
- Restoration: After clean-up and sanitization of all the content and belongings affected, your house is set back the way it was before.
In case you are searching for a good mold remediation company, search no more. We at Kings Restoration are adept and equipped to take care of all your mold-related problems. With a highly professional staff and years of experience under the belt, we are the best choice when it comes to mold remediation and mold damage repair. Contact us today.